Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Christmas Season Ends This Sunday with Baptism of the Lord





Our Lady of Good Counsel




Marysville, PA


Diocese of Harrisburg


Christmas MMVIII



While not as equisite as Father Brighenti's parish in NJ, my little church was nicely decorated this year and many parishioners have expressed their appreciation for the Papa Benedetto style of the sanctuary. I moved the tabernacle to the center when I was first installed as pastor in June, 2002. We added the icons of the archangels for the 50th anniversary of the church in 2006. The crucifix on the right wall was redone with royal blue felt and gold framing back in 2003 (Opus Dei style).

Bishop Martin Lohmuller (retired auxiliary of the Archdiocese of Philadelphia) and William Cardinal Keeler (archbishop emeritus of Baltimore) were the founding pastors of my two parishes, Our Lady of Good Counsel, Marysville (1956) and Saint Bernadette, Duncannon (1954).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love beautiful small simple churches like this.

My Blog List

Blog Archive